Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day #2

So Sunday was my second Mother's Day where I was actually a mother. It was just another day.

I picked up Jenna from day care on Friday and saw that all the kids had made Mother's Day cards--all the kids except Jenna that is. I didn't ask why, just went home and pouted. She had taken a really long nap that day so figured she slept through card making time. Oh well. So she still has until Sunday to do something, right? They always do something in nursery.

I was wrong. The nursery leader was out on Sunday and nobody really knew what was going on. The men took over the third hour so that the women could all go to Relief Society. Their lesson was on hands and sign language. Jenna brought home a sign language sheet that she had barely colored. Pfff.

So we came home and I told Jenna it was Mother's Day so she was supposed to be nice to me and give me hugs and kisses. She then proceeded to give me about a hundred hugs and kisses. That was much better than anything else she could have given me.
We spent the afternoon at Mom & Dad's house. They fed us a yummy lunch then we talked about Australia for a little while. It was a lot of fun although Jenna is still freaked out by Dad for some reason. I told her to take a toy to him and she just threw it at him so she wouldn't have to get close.
After we left Mom & Dad's, we went to Joel's Dad's house where we sat around and chatted while eating dessert. It was fun.

All in all, I thought it was a good Mother's Day although some people wouldn't think so because I didn't get any "things". It is a little disappointing that I can't bottle up those hugs and kisses I got from Jenna and pull them out ten years from now in remembrance of my Mother's Day. Oh well.


Grandma Lamb, Mom and Jenna
How cute!


0 comments: