Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day

I know I said I probably wouldn't keep this blog updated, but I have been addicted this week. I am sure life will soon get in the way and I won't be able to post anything very often.

Anyway, we went to Josh's baptism this morning. Well, kind of. Joel always thinks that he can make it anywhere in record time so we left a little later than I would have liked. We got on 215 and missed our exit, but we were talking and Joel was busy weaving around cars so we didn't even notice until we were to like 33rd South. We were finally able to get off the freeway at like 4th South, but ended up taking Redwood all the way down. It look forever. We showed up just after Josh was baptized. Then we went to another room to watch him be confirmed. About 30 seconds into the confirmation, Jenna freaked out and did not want to be in that room. So we went out into the hall until everything was over. I didn't get to see anything.

We went over to Kevin's house afterwards and had lunch. It was really nice. There was tons of good food. It was fun to see everyone for a little while, especially with Mom & Dad leaving in a couple of days. I got thinking on the car ride up that I hadn't been to Kevin's house since before Jenna was born. I hadn't seen Kyle since Thanksgiving. I guess we just don't get together that often. Anyway, back to the party. Jenna had a blast. She loved playing the piano, playing with the girls, and mostly, playing with the girls toys. She hated talking to the adults. She wanted nothing to do with any of them. She just wanted to get back to playing. Toward the end, she did show Kyle her belly and gave a generic wave good-bye to anyone who was looking, but that was about it.

We had a lot of good intentions of getting some things done this afternoon but just ended up going to the gym. We go seperately so I takes several hours for both of us to go. Joel played basketball while he was there and thinks he broke his thumb. He is trying to use that as an excuse to not teach tomorrow. He's not getting out of it.



Sydney wouldn't smile. She said she was sad because she missed her Mom.
Sammy is getting so big! She is funny because she tries so hard not to smile when you ask her to.

Ellie is always so good with Jenna.



Jenna LOVED this chair!


Bekah was kind enough to play with Jenna for a few minutes. Jenna loved it!




Uh, oh. Does this mean she is going to want to take piano lessons when she is older?




0 comments: