Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sick Days

So last Thursday night, Jenna decided to get sick. Around 11:00 she puked everywhere. After a couple times of puking everywhere, she and I went downstairs to sleep on a pile of towels on the floor. She continued to throw up and I just kept throwing down new towels for us to lie on. By the end of the night, we were sleeping on our last dish towels. It was pretty gross. Her puke stinks to high heaven, so our house smelled great. She finally got to sleep around 3 and woke up to watch some cartoons for a half hour or so at 8, then fell asleep again until 11 when she continued to throw up. I had pulled out a bowl for her to throw up in, but she never showed any warning signs of getting sick, so she never made it in the bowl. It was so sad to see her so sick. She got so sad every time she threw up because she would get dirty. Poor thing.

Anyway, she passed her illness on to me and Joel, too. I got sick Saturday night and Joel got sick on Wednesday. He was so sick he couldn't take her to day care, so I came home at noon and spent the afternoon taking care of Jenna. She hadn't eaten all day and was naked, so I was glad I came home.

I am glad that that is all done in our house. It was pretty nasty.

She finally got to sleep around 3 a.m.
Still sleeping
While Joel was taking a nap, Jenna and I took a walk and got some ice cream. Apparently she didn't use the spoon I got her to eat it. She wanted to use her hands.

1 comments:

AMB said...

Poor thing! It is so sad when our little ones don't feel good and we can't do much to help them. :(