Sunday, August 3, 2008

24th of July

I never did write about our 24th of July, so here it goes. Better late than never, right?

I took the day off of work because day care was closed, but Joel still had to work. So Jenna and I headed down to Fiesta Days in Spanish Fork. My Grandma lives just off of the Fiesta Days parade route, so we go down and watch the parade every year. We sit toward the beginning of the parade, so we score all of the free stuff before everyone runs out of it. Plus we don't have to sit around all day waiting for the parade to get to us. It is really one of the more enjoyable parades for that reason alone.

So the first half of the parade, Jenna sat on Grandma's lap and just hung out. I sat watching all of the other kids having a great time running up to the floats and getting all the free stuff. I wanted Jenna to actually enjoy the parade so I took her down to the street and showed her what to do. She waved at all of the princesses, batted her eyes at all of the Congressmen, and high fived all of the missionaries. It didn't take her long to figure out that some of the floats had candy that she could get. I had to help muscle away some of the other kids, but Jenna was all about running around. She got quite a haul.

After the parade, we went to my Grandma's house and picked raspberries, had lunch, and sat around at talked. It was a really nice day.

Jenna & Grandma

"Hi Princess!"
Once she figured it all out, she chased a lot of the floats on her own.
Eating Raspberries
Yummy!
She ate that entire thing! My little piglet.

0 comments: