Friday, February 5, 2010

Library Santa

When we were at the library for Thanksgiving, we saw a sign saying that Santa would be there in a few days. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but when the time came around I figured what the heck. We got there a few minutes early and boy, was I glad. We were about the 50th people in line and by the time we got settled in line, there were about 100 people behind us.

It took awhile to wind around and get in the same room as Santa. Jenna was so excited until she could actually see Santa. Then she wanted to leave. If we had only been there for a few minutes I would have said sure, but it had been like half an hour. I wasn't giving up that easily. Plus, Ben was having too much fun flirting with all the girls. Every girl he saw he would smile big and giggle. Anyway, back to the story. Jenna was starting to get really nervous so I had to keep her occupied talking about Santa and what he was going to bring to her. I told her that she needed to tell him what she wanted. She thought for a minute and said "Presents" (her standard answer) "...and toys for Ben." I thought that was really sweet.

When it was finally her turn, she slowly walked up to him and gave him a couple of one word answers. She told him she wanted a tree and some presents. I had her get on his lap for a couple of quick pictures and that was the end. She talked about the whole thing for days later. I just love having a kid old enough to enjoy Christmas!
Waiting patiently
Hesitant
She did it!
I love the look on Jenna's face!

0 comments: