Friday, February 5, 2010

Mrs. Santa

The day after Santa came to the library, Mrs. Santa came to read stories. I always thought her name was Mrs. Claus, not Mrs. Santa, but that's a discussion for another day.

We showed up a few minutes early and got all snuggled in to our seats when we saw Grandma come in. She was there working, but Jenna couldn't take her eyes off of her. She was constantly pointing and saying, "There's Grandma!". I am sure Grandma got annoyed, but she was nice enough not to show it :)

It turns out that Amanda and Kayleigh were coming, too, so they were able to sit by us. I am sure they regretted it because Jenna talked the whole time. I think I heard about one word of the several stories Mrs. Santa read.

After the stories were done, Mrs Santa took time to talk to all of the kids. Jenna did a little better with her than she did with Santa. I think Kayleigh being there really helped. She was so brave. She had even colored a picture to give to Mrs. Santa! She is so cute.

I love how the library does things like this. I wish we would go to more of these activities. I think I am just too lazy. In my defense, it's hard when I work all day.
Waiting patiently
Watching with Grandma.
The kids with cute Mrs. Santa
Jenna and Kayleigh afterward. We sure do miss Kayleigh!
After she visited with Mrs. Santa, Jenna got a gift bag with a pad of paper and some candy in it. She was so excited!

0 comments: