Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's done!

So, we are done with the basement for awhile. We got the carpet last Friday. The color wasn't what I really wanted, but it is growing on me. It's really soft and clean. Jenna loves to run around in circles down there now. As soon as the carpet guys left, she ran down there and just ran and jumped. She likes all the extra space we have now.



When the carpet came, Joel was at a conference for the weekend for work. He was anxious to see what it looked like, so I made a little video of it for him. It's not that exciting and has no sound, but here you go. Sorry I am focused on the carpet, but you can kind of get the idea of what the rest of it looks like. I was going to make another video so you could see more, or at least take pictures, but we are in the process of moving all of our crap down there so it is a little bit of a mess right now.

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

Your basement looks so good! Congratulations! I am so jealous you have all of that done.

jenkinsblog said...

It looks great! I bet it's a huge relief to have that done. Now you just need to furnish it! Ha ha!

Jeremy said...

Looks good, guys. Did you finish the "Gardens of Babylon" bathroom with the ceiling-high glass shower surround? Looks like you'll have plenty of room for a sweet media room.

Hill and I are waiting on our media room for now after receiving some good advice from a friend. He just wanted his room finished, so he didn't plan, didn't study products, and put a minimal amount of money into it. Long story short, he's not really impressed with it and wishes he would have spent more time (and money). He made a good point, that if you don't do it right, you won't want to spend time there and you'll basically be wasting the space.

(Not sure why I thought I needed to pontificate there...)