Sunday, April 20, 2008

Busy Week

We have had quite the week. Here's the break-down.

Basement - Joel has spent a lot of time working on the basement. He is currently insulating. He has pretty much finished our storage room, so I am really excited to get things organized. I have thrown things in the room, but haven't organized it all. It has been really nice to be able to get to some of the boxes that have been stacked in cold storage for the last year. I have also been able to get a lot of Jenna's old baby stuff out of our living space and into the basement. Yay!

Night Out - On Tuesday, I left early from work and came home to get ready for our first date night since January (and that was for a work function, so that doesn't really count). Joel's dad came over to watch Jenna while we went to dinner. We went to Ruth's Chris Steak House up in Salt Lake. It was awesome! I knew it was fancy when they came out and asked me what kind of water I would like. We had been saving up for this since my birthday in November, so we were not holding anything back. Joel had the NY Strip and I had a Rib-eye. I have never been to a place where you can't start eating right away because the food is too hot. We had to actually blow on our food. We overheard a waitress at the table next to us telling people to not start eating right away; she didn't want them to burn their tongue. I didn't eat much of my dinner for the sole purpose of saving room for dessert. We got the "Chocolate Duo". It was awesome! There was a little dish of custard on one side and a cake filled with chocolate sauce on the other. It was to die for. Even better, they gave it to us for free because it was our anniversary. Nice.

Sickness - Jenna got a cold this week on top of her cutting two new teeth and her weekly ear infection. I picked her up from day care on Wednesday and her eye looked nasty. Apparently all of the kids had a cold in their eyes. I have never heard of that. It sounds made up. Either way, it looked like she had blown her nose out of her eye. It was gross. She spent all night being ornery. She just did not feel well at all. I felt so bad for her. Her eye still looked pretty gross on Thursday, so I left work at 9:30 (That's my kind of work day) and came home to spend the day with her. By the time I got home she was starting to feel better, so we got to spend the day together. Unfortunately she has given me her nasty cough. I haven't slept the last few nights because between her and me, we've been coughing constantly.

Baby Shower - A group of girls and myself planned a little baby shower pot luck for a girl that we work with. Well, it started out being a group of girls and me, but then it ended up just being me. I have spent all week getting everything ready. I had to coordinate all of the food, make the food that I was going to bring, buy and wrap the group gift, and set everything up. The whole thing turned out fine, but it stunk because everything got dumped on me. Anyway, it's over.

Basketball - Well, the NBA finals have begun. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because it means the basketball season is almost over. It's a bad thing because now we have to watch every game. Oh well. Go Pistons.

When I was home with Jenna on Thursday, she disappeared into the bathroom. I turned around to find her pulling all of the tissues out of the box and wiping her nose with each one of them. I guess her nose was running. (Don't mind the no pants. She likes to take them off)

0 comments: